Thursday, October 15, 2009

for Day14- Lavender Tulips


Watercolor painting in 5.5x7.5inches Arches watercolor paper.
I enjoyed doing this piece. I used the wet-on-wet technique for this painting. I also employed artistic license in doing this. Though I was able to visit Holland, I wasn't able to see lavender tulips in my short stay there. I saw tulip blooms with two tones. As for the Philippines, the usual available colors come in white, yellow and pink. Tulips are wonderful painting subjects. The shapes are basic yet their presence can easily be seen. I plan to paint more of them in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I like this very much. You have a very nice collection.
    May I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kind appreciation. Of course, you may add my blog to your blogroll. Feel free to suggest subjects to be painted. All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete